Tips For Staying Organized With Your Blog
If you want to have an easier go at blogging full time, you've got to have some level of organization. When I first started blogging years ago, I would just sort of fly by the seat of my pants. It took me awhile to realize how much better I blogged when I organized my thoughts, ideas, and schedule. I've got a few tips that have really helped improve my overall blogging experience, and I highly suggest other bloggers consider them as well.
5 Tips For Staying Organized With Your Blog
- Notebooks - If you're a blogger and you don't keep some form of a notebook with you at all times, you're missing out. I make sure to always have a notebook on hand, and every time I get an idea for anything (be it a blog post, design change, collaboration, etc) I make sure to write it down. This way, I never have to worry about losing a potentially important idea, and I always have things to look back over for inspiration at a later date.
- A Planner - Over the last few years, I've become completely planner-obsessed - you all know how much I love my Ban.do agenda, and I may or may not have just purchased a DaySpring planner as well. I love having everything written out for me to see, and getting my life a little more organized makes it so less stressful.
- Apps - I definitely rely on apps for a lot of blog-related things, from photo editing and folders for post ideas to social media scheduling and catching up with readers. I use AwesomeNote for categorizing and organizing blog ideas, Buffer and Later for when I need to schedule social media, Bloglovin' to keep up with my favorite blogs, and A Color Story for photo editing.
- A Calendar - Using a calendar to plan out my posts for the week/month is something I didn't start successfully doing until this year, and I can absolutely say that it has made a huge difference in my blog. I never have to wonder what I'm going to post about next, and it only takes about an hour at the end of the month to get next month's calendar planned out. I use the calendar in my planners and this one from Rifle Paper Co, as well as Google Calendar on all of my devices.
- A To-Do List - To keep myself organized and on task, I've gotten into the habit of making myself a little to-do list every morning. This helps me make sure that the right things get accomplished every day, and allows me to reach goals so much quicker than if I was just going at this blindly. My advice for creating daily to-do lists is to be kind to yourself and be realistic - don't give yourself 20 things to do in one day, especially when you already know you won't be able to complete them all. That's just setting yourself up disappointment and failure.
If you're a blogger, how do you stay organized?